Airtel is one of the most used telecom companies in India. Not only in India, but Airtel also has a presence in other countries. This list includes Sri Lanka and a number of African countries. Not to mention the fact that Airtel is one of the oldest telecom companies present in India at the current time. As a telecom company, apart from offering calling and data services, Airtel has expanded to other fields as well. Thanks to their fierce rivals JIO, who forced them to do so. Airtel has Wynk Music (a music app where you can get music legally), Airtel TV (to watch live Indian TV Channels), and Airtel Books to read PDFs on your phone.
But, many people get confused with ever-changing patterns of telecom companies offering USSDs for checking a different kind of balances such as data, main balance, and promo balance. To sort this out, in this article, I shall be going through all of the methods through which you can check different kinds of balances such as data, main balance, and promo balance.
In this guide, I’ll be showing two methods, one is through the USSD (the old method, as they say, old is gold) and the other method is through their my airtel app which is being used by many users
Method 1 – Through USSD (The Old, yet effective method)
People have been using these USSD codes for a long time now. With the help of USSD codes, you can know your balance without having the internet because USSD works without internet. Although, the UI might not be that great when compared to some other methods, still, it works like charm.
- *121# ( for knowing latest offers)
- 121 – Customer Care
- 123 – Recharge
- 198 – Complaint
- 1909 –DND Service
- *121# – Offer
- *141*10# – For Balance Loan
- *123*197# – For night data balance
- *123*1# – Airtel to Airtel Minutes
- *123*6# – Airtel to Airtel Night Minutes
- *123*7#- Check for Free Local, STD SMS Balance
- *123*8# – Check for Free STD Minutes Balance
- *222# – Special 5 Offers
- *321# – Airtel Live Services
- *325# – Free Facebook Access [Rs. 1 per day ]
- *515# – Twitter Service
- *566# – Airtel Special Offers and Rewards
- *567# – GPRS(Activation/Deactivation)
- *678# – Hello Tunes Menu
- *888# – Missed Call Alert
- *777# – Local National SMS Packs
- *282# – Know Your own Airtel number
- *141*10# – Airtel loan code
- SMS PORT to 1909 – Mobile number portability
- SMS START to 121 – Start any service
- SMS STOP to 121 – Stop any service
- SMS Data USE to 121 – Check 2G/3G balance
- *123*10# or *123*# – For finding out 2G Data Balance
- *123*11# – For finding out 3G Data Balance
- *121*8# – For finding out Airtel 4G Balance
This method might not be the best, but, it works like a charm and get things done.
If you have a good internet connection, then I would recommend you use the second method which is explained below. The second method shows the use of my airtel app, which has been on the Google play store for some time now and it presents the information in a very good.
Method 2 – Using my airtel App
This method involves the use of my airtel app and it requires an internet connection. For this, you’ve to first download my airtel mobile app from play store. Once you have downloaded my airtel app, then simply open it. The app will something like this ( as shown in the screenshot below).
As shown above, the app will have all the information like your balance, data balance, current plan, etc.
I have been using Airtel for many years now, even before JIO came. Although, the service has definitely improved since the time JIO came and I believe that there still exists room for improvement. Airtel can definitely improve their services a lot more considering the fact that I often hear complaints from other airtel users about their constant call drops and low internet speed. So, this was all about knowing airtel balance. If you liked the article, then please don’t forget to share this article with your friends. If you find that any of the USSD codes are not working, then please let us know by posting below.
Also Read: Best Chatroulette Alternatives