Are you looking for a Microsoft Office student discount? Then you’ve come to the perfect place to get to know all about it. Microsoft loves to promote online education and learning. Giving a student and teacher discount is an integral part of the process. In this article, you will be able to get all the details on the Microsoft Office student discount. Let’s get started!
Is there Microsoft Office Student Discount?
Yes! Microsoft does have a student discount available. In fact, teachers can also avail themselves of the discount. There are two ways of getting the student discount, the first is through your educational institute and the second is by yourself. Schools and universities have an option of tieing up with Microsoft Office and getting the benefit of the discount for all their students and teaching faculty.
However, if your college or school does not have that going on, you can provide the details of your educational institute and get the benefits all the same. The whole process of getting the discount is extremely simple. Just follow the steps mentioned below and ensure you have space on your hard drive for the software.
Requirements for Installing Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office works with a few prerequisites that you should make sure are present in your device. Here is a list to keep in mind before installing Microsoft Office.
1. For Windows
- Regardless of what device you have, you must have a Microsoft account.
- A steady internet connection.
- At least 4 GB available disk space.
- Anyone out of 4 GB, 2 GB (32-bit) RAM.
- 1280×768 screen resolution for the best user experience.
2. For Mac
- As mentioned before, you simply need to have a Microsoft account.
- Ensure you have a strong internet connection for the download to happen smoothly.
- There should be at least a free space of 10 GB in your Mac’s disk.
- 1280×800 screen resolution for the best user experience
How to Get Microsoft Office Student Discount?
Now let’s get working on the main part of this article. The student discount is literally 2 minutes away because that’s how fast you can get your hands on the software. Follow the instructions given below carefully.
- Open the Microsoft Office website.
- If this is your first time dealing with Microsoft, all you need to do is enter your School or University’s Email ID in the space provided. If it’s not a group Email ID (for example a Gsuite) then there will be a problem.
- After entering the Email ID, you will see two options, ‘Student’ and ‘Teacher’. Click on the Student option.
- You will need to fill in the details to create your own Microsoft Office account. They will send a code onto your university Email ID as well. You need to verify your account using this code.
- After you finish entering all your details, your account will be created.
- You will now be able to use and download Microsoft Office and all the features with it.
If you do not have a functional school or university Email ID, then you will have to buy the software on your own. It would be a good idea to talk to your school/university’s IT department before buying the software on your own.
You can go through the website to check out all the plans that are available for purchase.
Features of Microsoft Office Student Discount
The Microsoft Office account is a great advantage for online learning. This purchase can be used for a really long time and is totally worth the price. We all use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint at some point in our lives. With the latest version of Microsoft Office, you can also get the OneNote app that makes taking notes so much simpler and fun!
Here are reasons why you should definitely get Microsoft Office today:
- You’ll get the latest version of Microsoft Office that will have Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, and the new Microsoft Teams. You also get extra classroom tools.
- It’s a single purchase, there will be no need to buy each application separately.
- The software is compatible with Windows 10 and above and/or macOS.
- You can easily change the language to suit your needs.
- When you get the Microsoft student discount, you also get Microsoft Support for 60 days for free.
- With Microsoft Office, you also get to use One Drive. This is a cloud platform for users to store their data virtually. People can store their files, and even share the content with others by sending the link of the data. One Drive is a great way to store a huge amount of data that doesn’t fill up your device space.
That’s a wrap on the Office student discount. You can now get your own version with the help of our article. Get ready to unleash your learning potential and create growth with Microsoft Office! You can also enjoy the extra storage that comes along with the Microsoft Office student discount. Happy learning!