In this post, we will help you get the Windows 10 student discount with easy steps and a simple procedure. Windows 10 is the next version of software frameworks created by Microsoft. It is part of the Windows NT group of operating systems. It acts as a replacement to Windows 8.1, which was launched two years earlier than Windows 10.
All of the updates and modifications made by Microsoft to the software build apply to Windows 10, at no additional expense for the users. After the launch of the new build, it was well-received by the users. People seem to like the PC orientation, more than the tablet orientation, which was present in Windows 8.
According to a survey, almost 77% of systems use Windows 10 software. Students need to have the most functional and updated software for their educational needs. Microsoft understood the target group consisting of students. Therefore, they started the student discount.
What is Windows 10 Student Discount?
Microsoft released a new version of Windows that makes productivity and functionality rate higher. For countless students across the globe, having an Office 365 subscription matters a lot. Most assignments and presentations are made with the help of Microsoft Office.
If you are a student, you should definitely get your hands on the student discount. This deal makes it affordable for students to get Office 365 while keeping in mind the tight budget. However, you will be able to get a limited number of products with this deal.
1. Features of Windows 10 Student Discount
There are many useful features that you will be able to use with the purchase of a student discount. Some of them are listed down below-
- Educational resources– When the student discount is used, you will be getting access to a library filled with case studies, study material, and ebooks. All this will be helpful in developing skills that can be used in the technical field.
- Boosts productivity– With apps like OneNote, it is relatively easy for students to take notes on their computers and increase their productivity.
- Scholarship opportunities– Microsoft also has a platform that financially aids deserving students who are struggling economically. When the windows student discount is used, they will help you further if required.
2. Windows 10 Student Discount Eligibility
The eligibility criteria of the student discount include not only students but the students’ parents and the teaching staff as well. There are a few conditions to be met, they are-
- The student should be enrolled (K-12).
- The person should be above the age of 13.
- Should be a legal guardian or parent of the student.
- Should be enrolled in a recognized college, university, or vocational institute.
- Valid only till December 31, 2020.
- The faculty should be registered under a recognized college, university, or vocational institute.
The student will be verified regardless of the transaction taking place online or offline. If the enrollment proof is not available, then the full amount will have to be paid. Microsoft holds the authority to take back the offer without any prior notice.
How to Avail Windows 10 Student Discount?
The process of getting the student discount on Windows 10 is effortless. Follow the instructions given below carefully, and you will be able to have your own Windows 10 in no time!
- Log on to the Microsoft Student Discount page with your Microsoft account.
- They will ask you to enter the country and college details.
- Once they recognize your college or university, you will be eligible for the discount.
- They will ask for a college ID or another form of verification.
- Once you open the page, you will be able to find a section called Student Deals on the left.
- After you open the student deals, please select the items you want and put them in your cart.
- Then move on to the Checkout section and finish the payment.
Windows 10 Student Discount Exclusion
Since this student discount focuses primarily on education and productivity, Microsoft has excluded a lot of entertainment options that it provides. The following are the items that will not be available at the student discount.
- Digital apps and games, other in-app content which include subscriptions, movies, and TV shows.
- No Xbox contents such as as- consoles, accessories, and games.
- Customized products.
- Gift cards
- This deal is restricted only to users in the United States of America.
The discount is strictly for personal use. No other institutions such as NGOs, government entities, etc. are allowed to use this discount.
In conclusion, Microsoft offers the best software updates and experience; that is why it is most widely used. Giving a student discount will promote the brand as every student needs a laptop with decent software. This move will increase brand loyalty as students can keep the software even after they graduate.
We hope that this article helped you avail of the student discount and make it less of a brain-teaser! If you can’t get the student discount, it’s probably because your college or university is not recognized or has not yet partnered with Microsoft.