Windows 10 is a free software update that can be used by any person who has a gadget that is fueled by the Windows 8 framework or more. Sometimes when the license expires, a warning message pops up, saying, “Windows License will expire soon”. This usually should be dealt with at the earliest. Otherwise, it may become an annoying interruption.
The Windows License warning usually is seen in windows 7, 8.1, 9 and 10, due to bugs and updates. The primary reason for this issue is that many software lacks authenticity due to increased software piracy. Since the software is not genuine, most times, it is not compatible with the updates.
Microsoft is working hard in removing these errors. However, a lot of users have the old versions of Windows, which have the license expiration problem. Here we have 5 effective ways to solve your problem.
5 Ways to Fix ‘Windows License Will Expire Soon’ Error
If you are facing the same issue don’t worry, because we’ve got you covered! Listed below are 5 easy ways to eliminate the Windows License will expire soon pop-up.
1. Relaunch Windows Explorer
Here are steps to follow for relaunching windows explorer to fix the windows license issue.
- To restart the Windows Explorer, we first have to press Ctrl+ Alt+ Del simultaneously.
- From the options that open, click on ‘Task Manager‘.
- Once the Task manager opens, click on the ‘Process‘ tab. Search for ‘Windows Explorer‘.
- Right-click on Windows Explorer, and select ‘End Task’.
- Now go to ‘File‘ which is located at the top of the window.
- Select ‘Run new task‘.
- Type ‘explorer.exe‘ in the box that appears and presses OK.
- Close this window and press windows+X -> Command Prompt (Admin).
- Selecting the command prompt will open a window, type ‘slmgr -rearm‘ at the end, and press enter.
- Restart your device.
This is the first step to take when the windows license will expire soon warning comes up. If this doesn’t work then try the other options we have listed out for you.
2. Disable Services
In this section, you need to disable some services of your Windows. Get the steps to disable services in the windows.
- Type windows+R, and then enter ‘services.msc‘.
- Once you press OK, a service dialogue box will open. Find Windows License manager service and double click it.
- The properties dialogue box will open and it will show you ‘running‘ in its status.
- Near the Startup type, select ‘Disable‘ from the drop-down list, and press OK.
- When you go back to services, look for ‘Windows Update’ and double click it.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 here as well.
This should stop the system from running any updates that might not be compatible with your version. This is another great way to clear the ‘windows license will expire soon’ notification.
3. Find and Use the Product Key
There are simple and easy methods to fix the windows license error.
- Press windows+X -> Command Prompt (Admin).
- Press enter when the command prompt opens.
- You will find the Product key in the prompt. Copy it and paste it for later use.
- Press windows+I.
- Select ‘Update and Security‘ -> Activation -> Change product key.
- Enter the product key in the box and click next.
You will be able to remove the windows license will expire soon warning and be able to continue using your system like before. If the warning is still visible then try the solutions given below.
4. Modified Registry
Here are the steps for the Modified Registry to prevent the issue of windows license error.
- Press windows+R, and type ‘Regedit‘.
- Once the registry editor is open, select File -> Export. Give a location of your choice and save it there.
- Now the registry of some files have been changed, to crosscheck run a file and see.
- Now launch the administrator by typing windows+X.
- Add the command (reg add “HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Software Protection Platform” /v NoGenTicket /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f) in the prompter and type enter.
Changing the registry will not do any major harm to your system. It will definitely get rid of the windows license will expire soon issue and make sure you have a smooth and enjoyable experience on your system.
5. Launch Windows Troubleshoot
One crucial thing to keep in mind before using this solution is that it will only be very impactful if the user has a windows version that is 10 1607 or more. It will not be effective on software models below windows 10.
- Open Start -> Settings -> Updates and Security.
- When opened, you will be able to see the total number of errors inactivation.
- Select Activation which is on the left side of the panel.
- Select the Troubleshooting option from this new window.
- Once the Troubleshooting process is over, your device is ready to be used without any interruptions!
This method is best for computer amateurs and can be less intimidating than the other solutions. Not to worry, as this method is also as efficient as others to eliminate the windows license will expire soon problem.
In conclusion, there are a lot of windows users who go through this problem. However, there aren’t a lot of viable solutions that can be easily performed at home. The above-mentioned solutions are enough to help you out. Make sure to strictly follow every step to get the best results.