Recently, we have come across many people who report that they are facing problems opening GeForce experience. And the majority of these reports are from users who have upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10. Additionally, these reports also say that despite the Nvidia icon appearing on the taskbar, no Nvidia windows open up when clicked on the icon.
This article will list various methods using which you can easily solve the issue of GeForce Experience Not Opening. So, let’s dive straight into it.
What Is GeForce Experience?
Before getting to the solution of GeForce Experience Not Working, first, let us take a look at what exactly is GeForce experience.
Developed by Nvidia, GeForce Experience is designed to sync your game data and settings with someone else’s game data. It is used to use other players’ configurations, and get an excellent frame rate so that you can enjoy your favorite games. You can also bring some major changes to your graphics card settings using this application. Also, this application brings all the GeForce GTX users a step forward over the AMD graphics cards. Using GeForce Experience, you can also take full advantage of your GPU.
How To Fix GeForce Experience Not Opening Issue?
So, now that you have a brief knowledge about GeForce experience and its working. Let’s now talk about how you can solve the GeForce Experience Not Working problem. There are several methods to do so. Let’s take a look at all of them one by one.
Close All Nvidia App and Restart
If the GeForce experience app is not opening even on double-clicking on it, then there is a great possibility that the app is already opened up in the background but it’s not displaying on any separate window. There is only one way to tackle this problem, end all the Nvidia processes. Let’s see how it’s done.
- Right-click on Taskbar and then select ask Task Manager. Or you can also use the shortcut key Ctrl+Alt+Del to go to the Task Manager.
- Task Manager keeps a record of all the apps and software that are running on your device background.
- Try to find out all the Nvidia processes, once done, close them one-by-one by right-clicking on each one of them and select “End Task”.
- Finally, restart your device, and open the GeForce Experience.
This trick has worked for the majority of people who were suffering from GeForce Experience Not Opening problems. But by any chance, fit doesn’t work for you, take a look at the other methods.
Reinstall Nvidia GeForce Experience Application
Another method to resolve this issue is by re-installing the Nvidia GeForce application itself. Reinstalling the application will fix all the damaged files and might also resolve your problem. Follow the below-mentioned steps to know how it’s done.
- Press Windows + I shortcut key.
- Now go to Apps.
- Now look for the Nvidia GeForce Experience application.
- Click on it, and then select uninstall.
- Now, download the GeForce experience files from the Nvidia official website.
- Once downloaded, install it.
We hope that your problem might have been solved by now. But if it isn’t, follow the next step i.e, Reinstalling Nvidia GeForce Experience Drivers.
Reinstall The Drivers
The malfunctioning of your drivers might be the reason because of which you are facing such issues. You can resolve it by reinstalling them. Follow the below-mentioned steps to know how it’s done.
- Go to the Device Manager by right-clicking on the Windows icon.
- Click on Display Adaptor.
- Here you will see a list of all the graphics cards that are installed on your device. Right-click on the Nvidia one, and open properties. Now select the Uninstall option.
- Finally, once you have done uninstalling all the drivers, now re-download it from the Nvidia official website.
If still the issue hasn’t been solved for you. Try the other method, i.e, Changing GeForce Experience compatibility settings.
Change GeForce Experience Compatibility Settings
There is a great probability that your problem will get solved once you change the compatibility settings of GeForce Experience. Follow the below-mentioned steps to know how it’s done.
- Go to the Nvidia GeForce Experience file location by right-clicking on the application icon.
- Now look for the Nvidia GeForce.exe application. And go to its properties by right-clicking on that application.
- Go to the Compatibility option.
- Finally, do some changes with the settings, and stick to the one that resolves your issue.
There aren’t any particular compatibility settings to resolve this issue. Different compatibility settings work for different devices, therefore, you will have to play with the compatibility settings and stick to the one that works for you.
Reinstall GeForce Experience Service
Resolving this issue by re-installing the Nvidia GeForce Experience service might get tricky for all the non-techie users. But there isn’t anything to worry about, as by following the below-mentioned steps, things will get easy for you.
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut key.
- Now in the typing area, type “services.msc”.
- Now you will see a separate window get opened, search for the “Nvidia GeForce Experience Service”.
- See if the application is working or not.
- It shouldn’t be turned off, but by any chance, if it is, set it as “Start With Windows”.
- Follow steps 3 and 4, for Nvidia GeForce Experience Backend Service also.
- Once you are done with all the steps, restart your PC, and check your problem has been resolved or not.
If this step also doesn’t work for you, try the last method, i.e, Turning Off Antivirus.
It might be possible that you would be facing problems related to GeForce Experience because of your AntiVirus and Windows Firewall being turned on. To solve this problem you can temporarily turn off your antivirus for the timespan in which you are using GeForce experience.
These were some of the steps by which you can solve the Nvidia GeForce Experience Not Working problem. We recommend you to go with all the above-mentioned steps and stick with the one that works for you. But by any chance, if any of these steps don’t work for you, the only option left with you is contacting the Nvidia support team.
We hope this article will solve your issue. If you have any doubt or feedback regarding this post please let us know in the comment section down below.