Hey fellas!! Are you an active player of Minecraft? If yes, then you must have come across the error message “http://aka.ms/Remoteconnect” while playing Minecraft on your gaming devices.
Minecraft is a very unique and trendy game across the world. And the reason behind the sale of its 190 million copies is its compatibility with almost all the devices that include PC, mobile, Xbox, and more. So, if you are a part of this 190 million huge fan base, then you must be aware that to play Minecraft you have to login into your Microsoft account.
By login into your Microsoft account, you can play Minecraft with your friends on a common server. It’s common for users to come across the error, “http://aka.ms/remoteconnect“. So, in today’s post, we will tell you what exactly this error means, and how you can solve it.
What Is http://aka.ms/Remoteconnect Error?
If you are regularly coming across the “http://aka.ms/remoteconnect” message. Then there’s nothing to worry about as you are not the only one who has faced this error. It is a very common error among all Minecraft players.
Minecraft players often face this issue when they try to login into their Microsoft account. The only use of “Aka ms reconnect” is to connect your gaming device with the Microsoft server.
And without informing the code that the website asks, you won’t be able to play Minecraft on your gaming devices. This error is mostly encountered by people who are trying to play Minecraft on PS4 or Nintendo Switch.
The website “Aka ms reconnect”, will ask you to enter the verification code to proceed further for playing Minecraft. But you might be wondering where to find those codes. So, we are going to provide a complete detailed explanation of how you can tackle this error and solve it very easily.
Reason Behind Minecraft Remoteconnect Error
Before getting into the solution to this error, let’s first find out what is the reason behind it. All the reasons are very common, and after getting to know them, you might wonder why you didn’t think about them in the first place.
1. Shift To New Device
If you have switched to a different device for playing Minecraft. For example, if you have switched from PC to Nintendo Switch for playing Minecraft, then in this situation you can face the error. And the reason behind it is that software provided by Microsoft gets glitchy. The Microsoft team is aware of it and they are trying to fix it.
2. Damaged Data Files
A corrupted or damaged game data file can be the main reason for you facing such errors. And the best way to resolve a corrupted data file is by reinstalling the complete app.
This is the reason why experts always advise to keep a regular backup of your apps and software.
Ways to Fix ‘http://aka.ms/remoteconnect’ Error
So, now that you have a brief knowledge about what is the reasons behind you facing this. Let’s straightly jump into its solution. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to find out how you can resolve this error.
Solution 1: Entering Verification Code
This is the most basic, but at the same time most effective way to solve this error. Go through the below-mentioned steps to know how it’s done.
- Firstly, go to your PS4 or Nintendo Switch, and open the Minecraft game.
- As you should be aware that for playing multiplayer mode you must sign in, so please sign in to your account, and after that try to link it with your Microsoft account.
- So this is the place where you will get the error message, “http://aka.ms/Remoteconnect”. And it will ask you to enter the verification code to proceed further.
- So let’s talk about a solution, open your favorite browser, and login into your Microsoft account. You can also click this link: http://account.microsoft.com/.
- Now open a new tab, click on this link: http://aka.ms/remoteconnect.
- Enter the code that appeared on your Minecraft error screen, and then press next.
- Now you will have to agree to all the terms and conditions asked by Microsoft. You can completely trust them as Microsoft is a legal platform. Lastly, press Yes.
Taadaa!!! Now you are not going to come across that error message again and will be able to play Minecraft without any obstacle.
Solution 2: Click New Microsoft Account
We hope that the above solution would have helped you to solve your problem. But by any chance, if you are still facing this problem. Then the only way of solving it is by creating a new Microsoft account.
This is because when you switched to a new device, for example from Xbox to Nintendo Switch, the terms and conditions of both platforms conflict with each other.
And it can be the reason for you facing the error. Follow the below-mentioned steps to know how you can create a new Microsoft account.
- Go to the official web page of Microsoft, click on the “Sign in” option present at the top right corner.
- Click on “Create one!“
- Now you can use your email id or phone number for creating your account. We suggest using a phone number, as this method is fast and simple.
- Enter your phone number and give a strong password to it.
- Now you have to enter your details like your name, country, date of birth.
- Finally, you will have to enter the verification code sent to your phone number.
That’s it!! You will have a new Microsoft account with you. Use this new account to login into Minecraft.
Nobody likes to face errors while playing games. Especially, that keeps repeating itself. So, in today’s post, we try to fix one such error, i.e, “http://aka.ms/Remoteconnect”.
We hope our article will help you to enlighten your knowledge about this error and how to fix it. But by any chance, if you are still facing this error. Then please let us know in the comment section. You can also go to the comment section for sharing your feedback and suggestions regarding this post.