Those days are gone when the Terrarium TV app was the only way possible to jailbreak Chromecast. Undoubtedly, Terrarium TV was the best video streaming app of all time. But since its permanent shut down because of legal reasons, many people are struggling to stream videos. And if you are also part of that group, then you have landed on the best article.
In this post, we are going to take a look at all the available alternatives for VOD streaming. If being specific, we are going to talk about two of the best VOD streaming options, i.e. Kodi, and CRown VOD Pro.
What Is Google Chromecast?
Google Chromecast is an out-of-the-world invention that gets connected to the HDMI port of your TV and gives you access to watch your favorite shows and movies from services like Hulu, Netflix, and Crackle. By default, you have two options when going for Google Chromecast, i.e. the basic and the ultra variant.
The feature that makes Chromecast different from other streaming devices is that it doesn’t come with its own on-screen interface. In fact, it is totally dependent on your smartphone for your Chrome browser to cast its content on your screen. For watching all the content streamed on Chromecast you have to pay a particular price and must have an account. And this is the place, where the term “jailbreak Chromecast” comes into play.
Kodi And CRown VOD Pro
Kodi media player has become the number one choice for everyone since the permanent shutdown of Terrarium TV. Using this application, you get your hand over some exclusive video content with the help of different third-party addons like Kodi TV.
The sad news is that you can’t directly install Kodi on your Google Chromecast device. The only thing that you can do is to cast the content that you want to watch via your computer, mobile phone, or some other media player to your TV.
Talking about CRown VOD Pro, it’s almost the same as Kodi. The only difference is that you will find in Kodi and CRown VOD Pro is that in CRown VOD Pro you will get the option of higher video quality streaming.
For making both of these applications work on your Android device, you will have to turn on the unknown sources option. You can do so by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the settings of your Android device.
- Now open Security, and then turn on the unknown sources option.
- You will get a prompt asking you the permission, click on yes or allow to give your permission.
You can download the latest version of Kodi, and CRown VOD Pro by clicking on the links. There is a downloadable version of Kodi for Windows. But to use CRown VOD Pro, you will have to download an Android emulator on your PC or laptop.
Now to begin the jailbreak Chromecast process, there are few things that you must take care of. First, both the Google Chromecast and your casting device should be connected to the same Wi-Fi connection.
How To Jailbreak Chromecast?
You can’t install Kodi on your Chromecast as simply do it on Firestick. You need to do this by casting the Kodi’s content via Android, Windows, or any other device to a Television connected to the Chromecast. Let’s move towards jailbreaking the Chromecast.
1. Cast Kodi Or CRown VOD Pro Via Android
To begin the process, you must have the Google Home app installed on your Android device. Also make sure that your Android device is connected to a charger, as the casting process consumes a lot of battery. So, here’s what you need to do to cast Kodi or CRown VOD Pro from your Android device.
- Open the Google Home app on your Android device.
- Click on the three dots present at the corner, and after that click on cast screen/audio.
- Click on the blue Cast screen/Audio option to display the complete list of devices that are ready for connection. From that list choose your Chromecast device. Once you have selected your Chromecast device, you will be able to see your Android screen on your TV.
That’s it. Now just open your favorite media streaming app on your Android device and start streaming your movies and shows.
2. Cast Kodi From PC, Or Laptop
If you are willing to use a computer or a laptop to jailbreak Chromecast you will need the latest version of the Google Chrome browser installed on your device. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to cast Kodi from a PC or laptop.
- First of all, open the Google Chrome Browser on your computer or laptop.
- Click on the three dots present at the top right corner and after that click on the cast.
- Now it will search for all the available devices. Select your Chromecast device, and after that click on Cast to. From the options available, click on Cast desktop.
- Now select your Chromecast device to open a new window with the name “Share your screen”.
- Once you have tasted the share button, your computer desktop will be displayed on your TV.
That’s it. Now you just have to open the Kodi application on your computer and start streaming your favorite program.
So, that was all about how you can jailbreak Chromecast. The process has become quite complicated for many users of the departments that are down of the Terrarium TV. But we hope that this post will help you to ease the process. Moreover, let us about your doubts and suggestion regarding this post in the comment section. Also, don’t hesitate to share any problem you face while using the above-mentioned method.