Ecp.yusercontent is famous by the name "Internet browser hijacker" in the cybersecurity field. The worst part is it automatically get installed on your device without you having any prior knowledge. Yes, it's quite a harmful virus and it can affect the files stored on your system and can even slow down the working process of your device. Ecp.yusercontent uses the maximum resources of your system and it eventually results in it sluggishness in your system performance.
So, coming to the point, if your system is also affected by Ecp.yusercontent, and you're looking for its working solution then you have landed on the best place. In this post, we are going to talk about how you can get rid of this virus just by following some easy methods.
What Is The Distribution Method Of Ecp.yusercontent?
As mentioned earlier, Ecp.yusercontent is it kind of virus that is categorized in Browser hijacker type. There are different methods by which this virus can be distributed to your computer. Some of the common ways are:
- By the installation of unauthorized software.
- By the transfer of infectious files.
- Clicking on malicious pop-ups that come up while you are browsing on the internet.
- It can also be distributed to your computer if are using a fake flash player.
So, how can we find out, Is our computer is affected by Ecp.yusercontent? Below mentioned are some of the common symptoms that will help you to find out whether your computer is affected by Ecp.yusercontent or not?
- Automatic changing the default web browser.
- Automatic deletion of saved browser settings.
- Opening different websites automatically is also a symptom of that virus.
- You will start to feel sluggishness in your PC performance.
- You will also experience very slow web surfing.
How To Remove Ecp.yusercontent From Computer?
So, now that you are aware what are the symptoms and how can the Ecp.yusercontent distributed to your computer, it's time to find out how you can remove it from your computer. We are going to mention two methods that will be helpful in this situation.
1. Run Deep Malware Scan
The first method to deal with the situation is to use trustworthy security software. You can go with any malware removal tool present online. If you ask for our suggestions, we will recommend you to go with Malwarebytes.
- First of all, download Malwarebytes by clicking on this link.
- Once installed, open the program and click on Get Started.
- If you want to buy the subscription, go for it, if not, click on "maybe later" and start the 14-day free premium trial.
- Now, click on Scan, to start the scanning process.
- Wait till the scanning process is completed.
- Once Malwarebytes is done with scanning your computer, click on Clear all threats from your computer.
That's it. This process is going to remove Ecp.yusercontent from your computer permanently.
2. TryOut Manual Way
Before moving forward, we would like to say that this manual Method can be quite painful for all the new PC users.
Step 1: First of all, restart your PC and open the boot window. You can open the boot menu by regularly pressing the F8 key.
Step 2: Now select the safe mode option from the list of options displayed on the screen.
Step 3: In the safe mode, you will have to remove all the potential threats from the web browsers that are installed on your computer.
For example, if you are having Google Chrome installed on your computer. You will have to follow the following steps.
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three dots present at the top right corner.
- Click on More tools and after that click on extensions.
- In the extension section, if you find any file related to Ecp.yusercontent, immediately delete it by sending it to the trash folder.
The process is the same for almost all the browsers. Just go to extension search for any file that looks suspicious to you.
Step 4: Now open the task manager and close every suspicious file that is running in the background.
For opening the task manager, right-click on the taskbar and click on task manager. Select the file that you feel suspicious. Right-click on that particular file and click on "End task."
Step 5: Go to the control panel and then program and features. Uninstall all the applications that you don't remember installing on your computer or those that are of no use.
For Uninstalling any application, just right-click on any application that you want to uninstall. After that click on uninstall option that comes on the screen.
That's all!! This is how you can remove Ecp.yusercontent from your computer. We can guarantee that by following the above two methods you will permanently get rid of Ecp.yusercontent. In any case, if you are aware of any other method to resolve this issue let us know in the comments section. Also, don't forget to share your feedback and suggestions regarding this post in the comments